Friday, April 3, 2009

Thing New

This really is not a thing but I forgot to mention it in #20. This is a website that has fun graphics and a fairly complete list of authors. I use it if someone wants to read a similar author to the one they are reading. Kids and adults alike enjoy the display. The website is:
http://www.literature-map.com When you type in an author, you will see a list of other authors that spread out around the name you typed in. Those names that are closest in proximity are closest in genre and style. It's one that is fun to try.....

3 comments:

  1. I clicked over to this after reading your post. When I typed in Butcher (as in Jim Butcher, author of the Harry Dresden series, and inspiration for the TV show) I got a null return! I don't know why... I just says it like I sees it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, You need to put the full name--Jim Butcher. You should get some results then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... now I get it... it really is pretty cool, but the way some of the author names overlapped and fuzzed out is a bit sad. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete