Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thing 2.5

Just to thoroughly finish with comments on Web 2.0/Lib 2.0, I was impressed with some of the articles and the videos and truly amazed with the enthusiasm of John Blyberg and Stephen Abram.

When I was a great deal younger, I would visit my cousin in Laguna Beach. She would insist that we would not just walk and wade in the ocean but we would need to have a "total immersion". Despite getting face planted and knocked about by some decent waves, I fell in love with the water and later became a scuba instructor. With this NEFLIN program, it seems as if I am walking into the water and slowly becoming totally immersed in the various aspects of the web. It is my perception that the steps are the experience-based study guide and my blog is a reflection of those experiences. These tools that we are learning to use are important for the task at hand and the Web is extremely dynamic, however it should not be the only way to experience life. It is not the only environment that we need to learn about.

No comments:

Post a Comment