Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thing 13: Library Thing

This was truly a great deal of fun. I listed the books that I started reading in Dec. 2008. I do like to read series- in order and mostly fiction. I do read non-fiction, but it is mostly political issues which according to some is also fiction. It was interesting to learn that there were many other readers out there that enjoyed some of the same books. I enjoyed reading the comments from other library workers about book lists and how they are incorporating them into their websites. This is an ideal forum for listing the new books that have been added to the catalogue. Another comment that struck a chord was an idea for very rural libraries to utilize individual's personal libraries as a source for ILLs. When your own library is limited on funds and space, it does seem a viable way to enhance the catalogue. In finding local events, I found our area to be wanting. This again would involve a better P.R. and dedication to inputting the information into the necessary websites. With government cutting back and establishing hiring freezes, it is becoming most difficult to do more with fewer employees. But, this is an idea for future IT techies, who could provide a necessary service to all libraries.




Here are some of my books that I posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment