Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thing 14: Online Productivity Tools

WOW! First off I chose iGoogle just to keep things simple. I can log in to get my gmail and I can have my personalized home page along with it. I have my calendar that reminds me of appointments and anything else of importance going on in my life. I thought is was nice and simple and then you guys come along and show me: Ta da list, Remember the Milk, Backpack (I liked this for work for listing commonly used forms) , StickyNotes, 30 Boxes, MyTicklerFile, Zoho Projects,MyStickies, Del.icio.us, Bloglines, Gliffy..ad infinitum. And yessss I did check them all out. I even signed in on a couple, however with MyStickies it was not compatible with Internet Explorer. These are wonderful tools. Some are beneficial for teachers, for students, for sport coaches, for librarians, for parents, for homeschoolers, for book clubs, etc. Since everyone of us could fall into more than one category, it is important to find a resource that could be general when needed and solve specific needs for major projects. Often this would need more than one website. The article on Top 25 Web 2.0 Apps was excellent. This list is an excellent resource. My husband taught me to use the right tool for the right job. This list of sites (tools) is a good place to find the right tool.
For doing group projects that require much more in depth research, graphs, slide show, file sharing, tasks, subtasks, status reports my vote goes to Zoho Projects. It has a highly organization quality that satisfies my appreciation of order. : ))

No comments:

Post a Comment