Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thing 19: Other Social Networks

Web Junction is one of my social communities, providing that means I get the newsletter and read it. I also get FLYP newsletter and read that. Ning although visually appealing did not particularly interest me. I did enjoy some of the different lists of sites that you provided. College 2.0 was fun . I wished that was around when I went to college. However when I was in college I was learning FORTRAN, a computer language, and the computer filled a room the size of the Dunnellon Library. We had key punch cards to run the program. The equivalent these days of that computer would fit in a laptop.
Bake Space was fun but you can still get the recipes without joining. I realize this defeats the purpose of socializing but I never have been a social butterfly. The movie site was even more fun because my husband and I collect movies. We have all sorts of genre various series and quite a number of actors. Yes, I have it sorted and categorized in a database on my computer at home and the movies are labeled and shelved in a special area of my house. This is necessary since we have 2500 + movies (some VHS, some dvd, some copies and some originals).
I liked Fuzzster, but everyone seems to think that their pet is the brightest, cutest, funniest or whatever. I don't dare put my dogs on that site. They will just put all those other animals to shame. I already subscribe to GoodReads but I tried Shelfari on Forest Fomentation's recommendation.

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog
I enjoyed this one. It is sort of like shelving books. Yesssss I do enjoy shelving, I like putting things in order. I can see this network as a source for opinions on books when I have yet to read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment