Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thing 17: Podcasts

http://podcast.com/show/95955/Discovery-News-%28Video%29/
Well, well, well! This particular thing basically is giving voice and/or video to blogs. I searched through podcast.com and checked out podcastalley. I watched and listened to Discovery News and watched a chimpanzee invent a brush tool, I listened to CNN news but it just made me realize that the chimps are more intelligent than most humans in the news. I listened to authors on Tour and listened to various comedy routines. I started to listen to Stuff You Should Know only to find out aphrodisiacs do not exist. All I know is chocolate does wonders for me. The Education Podcast Network was interesting and it is a good way to catch up on some courses until I realized that anyone and their dog can teach. With some, their dogs have a great deal more to say. Podcast and podcast alley were the easiest and fairly speedy to download but then it was at a definite quite time on the net. I did subscribe to SirsiDynix merely because of their involvement with libraries. The only problem is they have not updated their "pod" in some time. I guess that can be a problem.
If I were to do a podcast, I would have to make the commitment to continually update and come up with something new to say. That can be very difficult because sometimes I sit and think and sometimes I just sit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm down with the sittin' part... especially if there's a book involved. I think we're supposed to somehow feel guilty if we don't know about every little tech thing that's out there, so we can incorporate them into our skills lists. Some of these 'things' have been fun, but that will dissipate as they become duties.

    ReplyDelete