Friday, March 13, 2009

Thing 16: You Tube



Well here is my video. Personally this was not particularly hard, however I'm not sure I like this one. I see children come into the library every day and get on You Tube, FaceBook, My Space, etc. There are a couple of kids that watch some of the jazz greats from old video or they watch some educational products. This is the good side of this website. Unfortunately, some un-parentally-monitored children will watch brutal martial arts fighting, WWF (fake) wrestling and a number of other inappropriate videos. Children are finding out the hard way as to what is inappropriate behavior and unfortunately these websites are poor substitutes for the necessary adult supervision. If the library has a reponsibility about the appropriate book content, do we also have a responsibility as to what is brought into the library via the web? These ethical issues remain with the community and parents of those children.
As to why I chose the underwater video, if anyone has read my blogs they would know my love of the underwater realm and since the octopus is one of my favorite creatures it stands to follow that this would be a favorite.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Speardiver- I loved your underwater video...but where is the drain at the bottom of that pool?

    ReplyDelete